Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello All

Since it seems to be hard to keep in touch with everyone I thought I'd start a blog.

For those who know me, you know how bad I am about writing down important stuff. Hopefully with this blog I can kill two birds with one stone (let everyone know what's going on and keep track of stuff for myself).

Brandon left for the farm Wednesday morning. He'll be up there until Nov. 3rd harvesting. The boys and I are slowly adjusting into a routine but it is amazing how quite the house it (in a nice, calming way).

I told Chase he was the “man of the house” now that his dad is gone and he’s taking his responsibilities very seriously. Ty on the other hand isn’t so thrilled that dad is gone. Last night was his first night without his nuk and he was not a happy camper. I had to bring him into my room so Chase could sleep but he finally managed to fall asleep (after 2.5 hrs. of crying) without his pacifier. He woke up a few times in the middle of the night and I could feel him searching for it but all in all it wasn’t too bad.

Last weekend Grandma Janet took the boys to Carroll’s Pumpkin Farm (http://www.carrollspumpkinfarm.com/) in Grinnell and the boys had a blast! Of course we both forgot our cameras but I did manage to take a few photos with my phone (thank god for technology).

Ty loved the goats & the poor man’s trampoline (old tractor inner tubes). We rode the hay rack out into the field to pick pumpkins. Chase picked out a 25lb. pumpkin. I told him he couldn’t get it unless he could carry it (it’s amazing how much they can carry when they want to).

Photobucket

Grandma helped Ty select his pumpkin.

Photobucket

No comments: