Thursday, November 6, 2008

Going Green

The plant in my office was starting to look like it needed a little TLC so I decided to make a project out of it for Chase and I.

Mom always told me that if I wanted my Devil’s Ivy to be thick I couldn’t let it get long. Well it got very long and scraggly looking. A few weeks ago I cut some starts off of it and decided maybe Chase would like to grow his own plant. I went to Lowe’s to buy some pots and headed home with the supplies.

Here is Chase with my poor plant at the beginning.

Photobucket

This is how long some of the vines were.

Photobucket

Cutting up the vines.

Photobucket

Wow! Look at the difference in the plant.

Photobucket

Ty was helping out too (by staying out of the way)

Photobucket

Putting the starts mom took into one of the pots.

Photobucket

The “finished” products

Photobucket

The blue one has the starts I took, the red one is just pieces of the vine in moist soil (I read they should grow that way) and then the last one was the original plant. I need to buy a new pot to transfer it into.

There are 3 full cups of “starts” on my sink so as they start to get vines Chase and I will transfer them into pots as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Green to brown? U gonna kill these plants, too? LOL